We understand that the prospect of taking an Cognitive Ability test during the recruitment process can be scary, but rest assured, you're in good hands. Our assessments are a valuable tool to understand your unique strengths and how they might shine in the role you're applying for. They're not designed to trip you up but to illuminate your problem-solving abilities, your capacity for logical reasoning, and how you approach numerical and spatial challenges.
In today's competitive job market, Cognitive Ability tests are an important aspect of most hiring processes. They provide a platform for all candidates to demonstrate their potential beyond their resumes; free of bias.
We do believe in a holistic approach, where such tests are just one part of your story.
On this page, you'll find all the information you need to know about what to expect from the test. There's no need for stress or last-minute cramming. Our best advice? Just be yourself. This is just a chance to let your natural abilities shine through and to see if they match the job you're applying for.
The Brght test is designed to give everybody an equal opportunity to show their intellectual abilities. The test will adjust to your level during the test. Our algorithm selects the most appropriate questions from a vast database to accurately determine your capabilities with as few questions as necessary.
Here's what you need to keep in mind:
- Time: You've got 30 minutes to answer 40 questions.
- It's Okay to not know the answer to all the questions: Some questions are tough and that's okay. It helps us understand your level.
- Areas of Focus: Your numerical, spatial, and logical reasoning skills will be evaluated.
- Strategy: Try to answer all questions. If you're uncertain, trust your instincts and choose the option that seems most correct to you.
- One Shot per Question: Due to the adaptive nature of the test, you won't be able to revisit and change your answers, so consider each one carefully.
- Integrity: Rely solely on yourself—no external assistance is permitted.
- Verification: To ensure the authenticity of your results, you may be invited to retake the test in a supervised setting by the prospective employer.
The Brght test is designed to be intuitive, starting you off with simpler questions to ease you into the types of challenges you’ll face. These initial questions are a warm-up to get you comfortable before the difficulty ramps up to match your personal skill level. However, we do understand that you want to practice before you start the actual test.
The test features 18 different types of questions focusing on numerical, logical, and spatial reasoning. To become familiar with these, we encourage you to take one or two practice tests available at brght.org. These practice sessions are very similar to what you’ll encounter during the application process, offering you a clear picture of what to expect.
Keep in mind, the practice tests are there to help you understand the format and flow, rather than the exact content you'll see on the actual test. Since the questions you'll practice with won’t be the ones on the real test, it's not very useful to do too many. Instead, use the practice to become familiar with the testing process.
Take a little time to practice, get a good night's sleep, and approach the test with a fresh mind. You’re all set to show your best self!